Top Ten Reasons for Owning a Pond
10. Provides the family Labrador retriever a place to cool off.
9. Less water usage. Lawns and landscaping require watering. Often rainwater is sufficient to top off a pond once it has been filled, dependent on the area of the country.
8. The pond provides a wonderful local wildlife habitat.
7. Sludge collected by a pond filter may be used as a nutrient-rich fertilizer.
6. Just add fish and you have wonderful, easy to care for and entertaining pets.
5. A pond encourages young people to help preserve the planet and brings them in close contact with nature.
4. Pond plants don’t have to be watered.
3. Less fertilizer is used since there is less lawn. Most fertilizers end up in ground or surface water runoff.
2. There is less lawn to mow and therefore there will be less carbon emissions.
1. Nirvana: a sanctuary for the senses especially when a trickling water feature is added to a pond.